Monday, March 30, 2009

When It Rains ,It Pours!

Well as the old saying goes, " When it rains, it pours!" has certainly come into play for me over the past 2 weeks. I'll start with the "bad" and end with the good!

My annual trip West has fallen through last minute. The high country which I was scheduled to do some photography in, received large amounts of snowfall recently. So, the outfitter which was to provide some guiding canceled and refunded my money. In doing this, I have scheduled and re-booked flights to the Southwest instead of the West - Arizona and Utah to be exact. I will be out there April 4th through April 11th. Areas in mind have been photographed to death, but being the adventurous one that I am, I am going to "wing it" and see where the winding road takes me. Stay tuned for some captures as I've received information on several places, both well known, and relatively unknown from a fellow photographer friend, John Mumaw, who lives, works and plays in this area. He has been real instrumental in guiding me in the right direction. So, I thank him for that!

Last week, my daughter ( 2 yrs old ) was admitted into the hospital for dehydration. She became ill late one evening, and hoping and praying for her to get well and get over it, she didn't. So, the fine doctors of our community admitted her to to the hospital. After two days of TLC, and the right medications, she kicked the bug and got to come home. She is now back to herself and I can now concentrate on preparing for my trip and have the piece of mind that all will be well why I am gone.

On a positive note, freelance nature photographer, Tom Ulrich, provided a nice presentation to a small crowd in Olney, IL. on March 17th of his travels throughout the last year. The community of Olney wishes to thank him for showing us some wonderful captures of wildlife from Africa, Galapagos Islands, and the United States, to name only a few of the places he has been. His presentation was inspiring to all.

The Art Show season in just around the corner and I have received acceptance status into 3 juried shows so far. I have other applications out, so once I find out, then I will add it to my list. So far I will be at the following locations:

April 25 Effingham Artisan Fair, Effingham, Illinois

May 2-3 Arts in Harmony, New Harmony, Indiana

June 5-6-7 Art & Air, Webster Groves, Missouri


Also, in April I will again be participating in the Olney Arts Council Traveling Art showcase and you will be able to find a small collection of my work at the First National Bank of Olney. Another of my captures " The Yellow Rail ", will be featured in Evansville, Indiana at " Art in the City ". This is an exhibit of members of the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana. The exhibit is located at the Bower - Suhrheinrich Foundation Gallery at 318 Main St. in Evansville. If you haven't had the privelege of seeing this gallery, it is beautiful and a real asset to the artists of Southwestern Indiana, Northwest Kentucky & Southeastern Illinois Stop by and see the gallery and exhibit if you are in the area.The exhibit runs from April 3rd through May 14th.

Until next time!

Mitch

1 comment:

  1. The Galapagos Islands are the most incredible living museum of evolutionary changes, with a huge variety of exotic species (birds, land animals, plants) and landscapes not seen anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete